RecreationPage last updated: 2020-09-10 07:24:28
Limited activities are happening by invitation only. We are not currently offering drop-on hours.
The following special class is being offered with prior registration:
Special Date, Special Class - September 15 - "Embossing Nice & Easy" - Free Paper crafting Class. Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020 Embossing puts a raised image or design in paper. 10 -11:30 Demonstration of how to emboss with brass stencils, embossing folders, and a heat gun. 11:30 Lunch break (bring your own food & beverage) 12:00-1:30 continue class and try out the new techniques. Bring your own cardstock, scissors, glue, and any other supplies you usually bring when papercrafting. Embossing materials will be available for use during the class. Call the PTSCC - 847.991.1112 - to register. Limited spaces available for PTSCC members so call NOW!
Activities are on hold unless you recieve a call from PTSCC inviting you back.
Fitness and Health
- When: Mondays and Thursdays, 9 - 9:45 a.m.
- Cost: $2 for members/$3 for non-members per class. First class is free!
- Join PTSCC as a member and enjoy use of the fitness room, which includes treadmill, exercise bicycles, step machine, life cycle, and free weights.
- When: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
- Get some exercise in the great outdoors while having fun!
- League play starts Monday, April 27
- Contact Program Director Diane Lancour for more information at email@example.com or 847-991-1112, ext. 233.
- Join us for a line dancing class!
- Please call to reserve a spot at 847-991-1112
- Class sizes are limited to 15 maximum
- When: Mondays, 10:45am-12:30pm - Intermediate thru Advanced
- Cost: $4 members / $5 non-members per class First class is free!
Sit & Be Fit
- Get your blood circulating and stretch your muscles! This is a wonderful 30 minute set of exercises, sitting & standing, to keep you moving.
- When: Mondays & Thursdays, 10am-10:30am
- Cost: $2 members / $3 non-members per class. First class is free!
- Join us for this unique movement class. This class focuses on balance & smooth movements to strengthen your core.
- Please call to reserve a spot at 847-991-1112
- When: Thursdays, 3pm-4pm
- Cost: $5 members / $6 non-nembers per class. First class is free!
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (or T.O.P.S.)
- T.O.P.S. is a weight-loss support group. If you need encouragement while dropping a few pounds, this group is for you. Stop in and find out what this organization is about. (minimal fee applies after first meeting.)
- When: Wednesdays, 9:30am
- Cost: Minimal Annual Fee
- Call Nancy at (224) 210-5404 for details
- Receive a free piece of Bisque pottery to paint & fire at the first class. Join us for a morning of creativity & fellowship.
- When: Thursdays, 9am–11am
- Cost: $4 members / $7 non-members per class
- Please call to register at 847-991-1112
- Porcelain by Design group
- When: 3rd Friday of each month
- If you are interested in joining, call Sally at 847-358-3641 for more details.
Open Art Sessions
- When: Wednesdays 10-11:30 am
- Coloring, stamping and more supplies are available. Email Diane if you're interested, firstname.lastname@example.org
Quilting, Sewing & Knitting Group
- Drop in and share some time with people who share your passion for any of these skills listed. This is a wonderful time to relax and have a space to work on your special projects. The quilting group is starting machine quilting. Join this group for fellowship, sewing, knitting & more.
- When: Wednesdays, 12:30pm–2:30pm
- Join us on Thursdays from 10:45am-11:30am. Then stay and enjoy lunch at Our Place Café. The bowling is free, the lunch is only a $3.50 suggested donation.
- Please register at the Main Office for the bowling and at the cafe window for lunch a week in advance.
- Come to the center to play with friends and meet new players. Don’t forget to sign the log-in form before leaving!
- When: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:45pm
- Spend the afternoon trying your luck! Volunteer callers and collectors are always needed.
- When: Thursdays, 12:30pm–3pm
- Experienced players will enjoy this opportunity to expand and add to their knowledge of their bridge game. The group is eager to accept new members. Partners are not necessary.
- When: Tuesdays, 12:00pm-3:00pm
- Thursdays, 11am
Hearts Card Group
- Learn a fun new card game by joining the hearts group.
- When: Wednesdays, 9am-12pm
- When: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 12:30pm-4:30pm (Fridays serious players only)
- When: Mondays & Fridays, 12:30pm-4:30pm
- Come spend the afternoon with this small group of players for action-packed rounds of royal flushes and full houses!
- When: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 11:30am
Traveling Luncheon Group
- This group visits a different restaurant the third Friday of every month. New members always welcome!
- Fri., Dec. 13, Makray Golf Course, 101 S. Northwest Hwy., Barrington
- Fri., Jan. 17, Brianna's, 154 W. Northwest Hwy., Palatine
- Fri., Feb. 21, Baker's Square, 270 E. Northwest Hwy., Palatine
- Fril, Mar. 20, Heng Wing, 121 W. Palatine Rd., PalatineFri., March 15, Absolutely Chinese, 2140 Plum Grove Ave, Rolling Meadows
- Call 847-991-1112 for information and to register or sign up in our office.
- You purchase lunch on your own; PTSCC simply makes the reservation for the group.
- When: 11:30 am